Welcome to my little corner of the vast, wide internet. You must have found your way here either via sheer dumb luck (i.e., you got lost) or you’re here for a precise reason. Either way, welcome! Hopefully you will leave better than how you arrive.
I am a work-at-home dad with a dog and four children, ranging from pre-school to nearly in college. When I am not walking the dog or raising children I am busily engaged in a variety of creative endeavours, such as photography, artistry, or finding new creative solutions to needs and desires. Some of the things that I involve myself in routinely include any from the following list:
- Sailing. I am a volunteer sailor on the Kalmar Nyckel.
- Photography. I am a photographer and am opening my own gallery. I enjoy film, digital-SLR, and mobile photography.
- Artistry. I enjoy creating both traditional art and ‘new’ art. In particularly I like finding methods of using recyclable material in art. I also enjoy wood carving and pyrography.
- Digital Art. This is a new work in progress for me. I’m looking into methods of bringing a new art method to digital media.
- Creative Thinking. I’m always looking for new ways of thinking and doing old things. The area of Creative and Critical Thinking is not necessarily an endeavour or past-time in and of itself, but is incredibly useful for everything else I like to do.
- Design Thinking. I’m training myself to think like a designer in addition to an artist.
- Cartooning. I have been known to cartoon, or at least scribble.
I am an over-achiever, admittedly, but I enjoy each and every day. I am a some practitioner of the belief of learning by doing. Much of my site is about knowledge I have gained in any of my various pursuits, and sometimes I just like to share what I have done.
However you found your way to my digital home, welcome. Please leave me a note letting me know if you like what I have, what you’d like to see, or to share an improvement or new idea. Knowledge is meant to be free!